Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Its Emma's Way or No Way

This is the lesson we are learning about our precious daughter. She does things in her timing and when she is ready, not a minute sooner. She is hilarious and her independent personality makes us laugh (and also scares us a little to think of what is in store). We, of course, have been watching all of the milestones that Emma is achieving and realized that she had NO interest in rolling over. As some of our friends with babies her age started to roll over we wondered when Emma would choose to do so. We knew as soon as she decided to she would do it. Over Christmas Poppa and I worked with her on playing on her side and helping her roll over and she finally started to roll to her side. I just figured that was the first step and she would do that for a while. Yesterday she stayed with Aunt Amy so I could go to an appointment and when I got back she was playing on the floor with Londy and the next thing I knew she rolled right over. I thought I must have imagined it but she did it three more times. It was so exciting! Amy was quick enough to get the camera and capture the moment and the boys enjoyed seeing her do it for the first time. The best part of the story is the fact that Emma rolled from her back to stomach. Most babies do it in the other order and it takes till closer to five months to go from the back to stomach. Again...she does things her own way! She still has NO interest in going from her stomach to back although she hates to be on her stomach. We will see what happens next...enjoy the video!

Since this morning when I started this post, Emma rolled over the other way. We also managed to capture that and her giggling on video.


Emma Rolling Over Back to Front



Emma Giggling



Emma Rolling Back to Front



I had to add this picture b/c I think William could be Becky and Mike's son....at least he gets to be their godson. (from Amy)

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Good job Emma! I love her giggles! And the way she chews the lovey...Caleb still does that and I can never quite get the stink out so good luck!

Erin Perrin said...

She is so precious! I can't wait to see her moving all around in person!!

Andrew + Abby Perrin said...

Aunt Abby is so proud of you! What a big girl you are! You are absolutely precious and I can't wait to see you again. Love, Aunt Abby