It has been well over a month since I last updated the blog. It has been a crazy few weeks between Jonah's birthday and illness and everyday life. Mike has traveled twice this month and while he was gone the kids had a virus and hand foot and mouth. There was a stretch of 10 days where I did absolutely everything with Mike gone and then had his procedure and couldn't help out and all the while the kids were sick. It was honestly one of the hardest weeks of my life. It is always good to have those stretches to remind me what an amazing and helpful husband I have and remind me of the blessings I have when I go through trials that in the scheme of life are so small. These years of three little ones with just 41 months apart are really challenging. The Lord has been teaching me so much and humbling me in new ways each day. (I am hoping to blog about this and our first year in Charleston - we will see if I make it to that!)
Here are a few clips from the past few weeks. I have found that I take very little video or pictures which I am sure I will regret in the years to come but we have enough to spark some memories!
 |
| Emma's ballerina drawing - it is amazing to see her skill develop in such a short time |
 |
| He loves his feet and hanging out on the porch - sadly he is too big for the swing now in both weight and length |
 |
| Playing in the Ocean with Daddy - we have been going to the beach at 8:30 on Saturday mornings to avoid the heat and direct sun for Jacob. It is a great time because the beach is still empty but the water is warm and the sun isnt too hot yet. We have really enjoyed these trips to the beach and are looking forward to more beach and pool time now that Jacob can wear sunscreen. |
 |
| In July we celebrated our 10th anniversary. Mike brought me these gorgeous flowers. We had an awesome date downtown Charleston at High Cotton. It had been since Jacob was born that we had been on a real date and it was such a gift to have time alone together to just have fun! |
 |
| One night while Grammy was here Mike and I went to the beach and walked for a while. It was a gorgeous night complete with sea turtle nest sightings and dolphins. |
 |
| We went to the aquarium one Saturday morning with Daddy. It was shark week so we took lots of pictures for Sam who is obsessed with sharks! |
 |
| Mike especially likes my face in this one...that's what I get for being "fun" |
 |
| Highlight of the aquarium is always Coretta. That is her shell behind us. She was napping and the kids just sat and talked to her for a while. |
Emma checked out a video at the library of ballerinas. This is a small clip of her following along. She would watch and practice for an hour at a time. She dances around the house ALL DAY. She has declared that she is going to be a real ballerina one day. We will see how her classes go this year.
Jonah was actually playing with Jacob and sharing his trains with him - monumental!
1 comment:
LOVE the Emma video of her ballerina poses! Thanks for sharing!
Love-
Courtney
Post a Comment