Monday, August 10, 2009

Grammy and Poppa Come to Visit

Grammy and Poppa arrived on Wednesday night and stayed until Sunday morning. It was so much fun for them to be here in Emma's normal routine and activities. They even kept Emma overnight so Mike and I could get away for a night. While they were here Emma started saying Poppa and just this morning was sitting in her chair saying Poppa and pointing to his seat. We are so sad that they are gone but are so thankful for the time with them.

We had the opportunity to go to the park each day they were here.

Emma has started playing on the equipment. It is fun and sad at the same time. She mostly climbs up and stands there watching the kids run past her. I think she really enjoys being in the middle of the action!

Crawling through the tunnel.

More swinging.

I put Emma on my lap to swing and she just laughed and laughed.

Poppa, Grammy and Emma

We can't go anywhere without Ducky!

Emma very much enjoys riding in her wagon and Poppa pulled her all over.

Emma was showing Poppa where the doggies live. She looks for them every time we are outside.

Just relaxing in the wagon with Daddy's sunglasses.

What a fun trip! Thank you Grammy and Poppa for coming and especially for loving Emma so much and wanting to be a part of her daily activities and making an effort to build that relationship with her. We miss you already!

2 comments:

Andrew + Abby Perrin said...

I love you pointing to the doggies! Sam loves doggies, too! You look so precious in all of your pictures - glad you had a great time with Grammy and Poppa :o)

Janet said...

Hi Emma - It looks like you had so much fun with Grammy and Poppa! You are so very very cute!!! I miss you so very much! Love, Tante Janet