Friday, August 14, 2009

Meeting Kaira

Yesterday Emma and I drove to Kentucky to meet Kaira, Bert and 'Becca. 'Becca was my roommate and best friend through all of college. Her daughter was born 8 days before Emma and while they were in the area we were able to get together for a little while. It was such a treat to catch up with Bert and 'Becca and watch Emma and Kaira play together. Kaira is unbelievably precious. Her pictures are cute, but she is even cuter in person and I think that her very sweet personality makes her even more precious!

It was fun to experience this new "phase" of life together, although it made me miss that years that we spent seeing each other every day and being such a significant part of each other's lives. I have not kept in contact with 'Becca like I wish I had but spending time with her just helped remind me how much I miss her and how much respect I have for her. She is an amazing woman and has always been an amazing friend. Hopefully the coming years will bring more times together and more memories.

Thanks, Bert and 'Becca for sacrificing the time to come see us! We miss you already!


Emma tried to teach Kaira how to be brave on the swings but she just wasn't sure she liked it!

This was the most common sight of Emma Kate...walking/running in the other direction. She loved playing in the grass and picking up the leaves and bark. I had to keep a close watch on her that the rocks and other nature items were not digested! I cannot honestly say the time together was relaxing. Emma is a very BUSY girl!

The girls were good sports! It was warm, but they enjoyed being outside and meeting each other. Emma tried to "pet" Kaira's head and once again the word "gentle" was used countless times.

The girls!!! What a fun time together!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Hi Emma - Looks like you had fun meeting a new friend. You are so so adorable!!!!! I'm having friends over for "Afternoon Tea" today - sure wish you and Mommy could join us!! I love you bunches!

Love, Tante Janet