For those of you who have spoken with me in the past week, most often in tears, you know that I have been at the end of my rope with Emma's nap issues. She will only sleep on me...not in the car, not in the bouncy seat, not in the swing, not in the crib, just on me. She will fall asleep and we will put her down and she immediately wakes up-screaming! I have been working with her this week on putting her in her crib and letting her put herself to sleep...yikes...it has been a rough process with NO success and so I finally let her sleep on me (after 2 hours or so) because those of you who have spent significant time with Emma know that when she doesn't get her beauty sleep...she gets ugly and loud. SOOO...this morning we have her 2 month appointment and I was rushing to get a shower and get her a bath and get out the door. I was changing my clothes and put her down on my bed and turned around and she is SOUND ASLEEP. Deep enough asleep that the flash of the camera didn't even cause her to stir. I just stood there realizing she is so much like me-she will do it when she wants and no amount of "training" from me will break her. I am in for a rough road ahead :)! So here is a sweet picture of her and ducky sound asleep before I had to get her in the car seat for the appointment.
Friday, November 21, 2008
You Have Got to Be Kidding
For those of you who have spoken with me in the past week, most often in tears, you know that I have been at the end of my rope with Emma's nap issues. She will only sleep on me...not in the car, not in the bouncy seat, not in the swing, not in the crib, just on me. She will fall asleep and we will put her down and she immediately wakes up-screaming! I have been working with her this week on putting her in her crib and letting her put herself to sleep...yikes...it has been a rough process with NO success and so I finally let her sleep on me (after 2 hours or so) because those of you who have spent significant time with Emma know that when she doesn't get her beauty sleep...she gets ugly and loud. SOOO...this morning we have her 2 month appointment and I was rushing to get a shower and get her a bath and get out the door. I was changing my clothes and put her down on my bed and turned around and she is SOUND ASLEEP. Deep enough asleep that the flash of the camera didn't even cause her to stir. I just stood there realizing she is so much like me-she will do it when she wants and no amount of "training" from me will break her. I am in for a rough road ahead :)! So here is a sweet picture of her and ducky sound asleep before I had to get her in the car seat for the appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Emma Kate,
You are just the cutest!!!! I'm glad you're able to show Mommy that when you're ready to sleep, you will! I hope you have a really fun trip to Poppa and Grammy's this week.
I love you so very much!!!
Tante Janet
Post a Comment